Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 10:51:16 UTC

Decommission the wicketstuff.org server

All,

We probably can (and should) decommission the wicketstuff server. It
has served its purpose, and we should move the links to examples to
wicket-library.com or to wicket-examples.herokuapp.com or something
similar.

Having a server that provides 503 or 500 pages most of the time does
not give good confidence in our framework and our abilities to write
software. As for the remaining content: I think the only part that is
used now is the index page, which provides a 503 page at the time of
writing this message. I propose to move the static website part to
github.com

Martijn

Re: Decommission the wicketstuff.org server

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
fine by me, i am not sure why it does that, it seems to me that the script
that tests if the server is up and running is to aggressive or something.

Maybe point wicketstuff.org to wicket-library.com?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Also the project home page can be maintained through
https://github.com/wicketstuff/wicketstuff.github.com

Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
+1

<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> We probably can (and should) decommission the wicketstuff server. It
> has served its purpose, and we should move the links to examples to
> wicket-library.com or to wicket-examples.herokuapp.com or something
> similar.
>
> Having a server that provides 503 or 500 pages most of the time does
> not give good confidence in our framework and our abilities to write
> software. As for the remaining content: I think the only part that is
> used now is the index page, which provides a 503 page at the time of
> writing this message. I propose to move the static website part to
> github.com
>
> Martijn

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: Decommission the wicketstuff.org server

Posted by armhold <ar...@gmail.com>.
Not a voting member, but I wholeheartedly agree. A slow/non-responding
server gives a real "abandoned" image to the framework, which is
definitely not deserved.