Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> on 2014/12/05 12:48:25 UTC

Proposed board report for December

Bookkeeper is a distributed, reliable, and high performance
logging service. The project also includes Hedwig which is
a highly scalable Pub/Sub service built on top of ZooKeeper
and Bookkeeper with strong durability guarantees.

* Project Status
Since becoming TLP (2014/11/19), focus has been on getting our
new infrastructure set up. There were some delays in getting the
mailing list up and running, but it's all resolved now. Subsequently,
everything that depended on the mailing lists was delayed. We are
current voting on a set of bylaws.

Development work has been low over the last month, but a lot of work
has been done to improve the documentation and accessibility of the
project (new website, new client tutorial, etc).

* Community Status
There have been no committers added since we became TLP (2014/11/19).
The last committer added, when we were a subproject, was Rakesh
Radhakrishnan on 24th July 2014.

* Releases
Our last release was 4.3.0, released on 14th October, 2014. We are
currently in the process of voting for a release plan for 4.3.1 and
4.2.4.