Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Fatih Mustacoglu <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/11 17:45:27 UTC

how to make wsdd file?getting errors when trying to use AdminClient

hi everybody,

I am new to axis and I am having some problem with it...I am using tomcat4.1.

I have installed it step by step and before deploying, I have to create wsdd file.When I run the command"java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient", i am getting those errors:

C:\>java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Servlet
Context
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1627)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:1746)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:1233)
        at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.ClassUtils.findPublicStaticMethod(
ClassUtils.java:112)
        at org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFac
tory(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:214)
        at org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.access
$300(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:92)
        at org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder$1.run(
EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:179)
        at org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFac
tory(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:148)
        at org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFac
tory(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:204)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:111)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.<init>(AdminClient.java:123)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.main(AdminClient.java:339)

Can anybody have any idea and please help me to figure it out?

thanks alot...

fatih

Re: how to make wsdd file?getting errors when trying to use AdminClient

Posted by Michael Brennen <mb...@fni.com>.
As noted in the mailing list archives, you need to include
servlet.jar in your classpath.

-- Michael