Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wenhao Xu <xu...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/05 05:41:02 UTC

data node failure & restart

Hi all,
   I am new to HDFS and have a basic question to ask. Thanks in advance.
   When a data node failed over, the name server will detect this and may
make replica decisions. However, what if the failed node is restarted later
and report to the name server again? Will this make too many replicas exist?
   Thanks!

regards,
Wenhao

--
~_~

Re: data node failure & restart

Posted by Wenhao Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!
What happens if the network partition occurs? Will all the nodes
disconnecting from the name server will reports their data chunks to the
name server again after the network come back?

And what if only the network of name server is broken only? What is the name
server and data server 's reactions then?

cheers,
W.

--
~_~