Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by joe black <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2001/08/02 07:39:28 UTC

which JAVA class is running?

Hi :

When jakarta-avalon-phoenix\dist\bin\run.bat is executed, which java class is running?

The command would be like "D:\jdk1.3.1\bin\java -Djava.ext.dirs=E:\Download\tech\apache\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\dist\lib -Dphoenix.home=E:\Download\tech\apache\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\dist-Djava.security.policy=jar:file:E:\Download\tech\apache\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\dist/bin/phoenix-loader.jar!/META-INF/java.policy   -jar E:\Download\tech\apache\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\dist\bin\phoenix-loader.jar", but I can't see which class is loaded in this command.

joeblackGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

RE: which JAVA class is running?

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
whoops....so my knowledge is a bit out-of-date =)

cheers!

- Leo

On Thu,  2 Aug 2001 15:39, joe black wrote:
> Hi :
>

> When jakarta-avalon-phoenix\dist\bin\run.bat is executed, which java class
> is running?
>
> The command would be like "D:\jdk1.3.1\bin\java
> -Djava.ext.dirs=E:\Download\tech\apache\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\dist\lib
> -Dphoenix.home=E:\Download\tech\apache\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\dist-Djava.s
>curity.policy=jar:file:E:\Download\tech\apache\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\dist/
>in/phoenix-loader.jar!/META-INF/java.policy   -jar

E:\Download\tech\apache\jakarta-avalon-phoenix\dist\bin\phoenix-loader.jar"
>, but I can't see which class is loaded in this command.

The launcher relies on the standard jar mechanism to look in manifest of
phoenix-loader.jar for Main-Class: attribute. Currently the class that is
launched is

org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main

Cheers,

Pete

Re: which JAVA class is running?

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
If you don't see a class in the command line, chances usually
are the class to start with is defined in in the file after the
-jar option, in this case phoenix-loader.jar. The manifest
file for phoenix-loader.jar calls the bootstrapper, which sets
some security policies and then calls the embeddor.

hope this helps,

cheers,

Leo