Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by fmeredith <fm...@nc.rr.com> on 2001/10/15 18:10:28 UTC

Restarting Tomcat

I've noticed that every time I re-compile a Java class that is used on the
server side of a SOAP transaction, I've had to restart Tomcat in order for
the changes to take effect.

Is this behavior common with other users out there?  And is there a
configuration setting that will allow me to avoid that restart process?

Tomcat version 3.2.2

Any help is greatly appreciated,

RE: Restarting Tomcat

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi fmeredith,

My advice... upgrade to Tomcat 4 your SOAP Service Java Class will be auto
reloaded, once the class file is updated, with this kind of setting...

<Context path="/soap" docBase="soap" debug="0" reloadable="true">
</Context>

Anyway, from my experience with Tomcat 4.0 is good... All works well
compare to Tomcat 3.2
even with the SSL enable easily...Can be totally a stand alone server
better and more stable.

Cheers,
Boon Pang

RE: Restarting Tomcat

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi fmeredith,

RE: Restarting Tomcat

Posted by "T. Carson Hager" <ca...@cynergysystems.com>.
I'd argue it has more to do with the classloader than the scope of the
variable.  If Tomcat has implemented a custom classloader, which I assume
that it has, there is likely a way to "refresh" that classloader.  From
other posts, it appears that this exists.

Carson

RE: Restarting Tomcat

Posted by "T. Carson Hager" <ca...@cynergysystems.com>.

RE: Restarting Tomcat