Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Jo...@kisters.de on 2009/01/27 13:12:56 UTC

Re: log4net query

Since Files can only be write-opened once at a time, this sounds
technically impossible.. if you want such a thing you should create your
own appender that communicates with a seperate process that manages the
request merging (so that only this process is writing to the file,
therefore circumventing multiple write-handler requests from the actual
logging software)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards
Johannes Frank

"Ranjan, Bibhakar" <Bi...@intuit.com>
27.01.2009 12:39
Please respond to
"Log4NET User" <lo...@logging.apache.org>

<lo...@logging.apache.org>
cc

Subject
log4net query

Hello,

I have two applications let?s say WindowApp1 and WindowApp2 and both are
writing to the same log file let?s say ?c:\abc.txt?.
With log4net can it be possible to write to the same log file by both
these app at the same time? I tried but couldn?t able to do that.
Please help!!

Thanks,
Bibhakar

Re: log4net query

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-01-27, <Jo...@kisters.de> wrote:

> if you want such a thing you should create your own appender that
> communicates with a seperate process that manages the request
> merging (so that only this process is writing to the file, therefore
> circumventing multiple write-handler requests from the actual
> logging software)

That would be the remoting appender.

See also
<http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/faq.html#How%20do%20I%20get%20multiple%20process%20to%20log%20to%20the%20same%20file?>
for a different option.

Stefan

RE: log4net query

Posted by Radovan Raszka <ra...@hasam.cz>.
Or use diferent log storage, which allows concurent usage - for example database with AdoNetAppender.
Radovan