Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Bogdan Vatkov <bv...@globaltech-bg.com> on 2004/03/30 23:16:05 UTC

is torque going to evolve ?

Hello guys,

I am curious about that mail list is being silent for the last 3-4 days.

I have some issues concerning the OM templates.
I suppose they need serious fixup for the multiple schema style of working.
I need some comment of the designers/creators of the velocity templates(torque model itself).
Is there going to ba e new release soon that might fix the problems.If so ..then when ?
If not ..what do you suppose me to do ? ..
I am almost sure what has to be changed in Object.vm and Peer.vm
but I need your comments guys. I am not going to change these on my own. Although I have made a lot of fixes in the templates
in my dist I am not sure whether I have complete understanding of the torque OM model. Therefore I need some of the designers to
help a little.

with best regards,
bogdan

Re: is torque going to evolve ?

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Bogdan Vatkov wrote:

>I am curious about that mail list is being silent for the last 3-4 days.

Mailing lists can be quiet for many reasons, usually because people are
just plain busy with other things.

>I have some issues concerning the OM templates.
>I suppose they need serious fixup for the multiple schema style of working.
>I need some comment of the designers/creators of the velocity templates(torque model itself).
>Is there going to ba e new release soon that might fix the problems.If so ..then when ?
>If not ..what do you suppose me to do ? ..
>I am almost sure what has to be changed in Object.vm and Peer.vm
>but I need your comments guys. I am not going to change these on my own. Although I have made a lot of fixes in the templates
>in my dist I am not sure whether I have complete understanding of the torque OM model. Therefore I need some of the designers to
>help a little.

If you want to make changes to support some new feature that you need
then go ahead and make them - this is the beauty of Open Source.  You
can if you like contribute your patches back for review and possible
acceptance into Torque.  The itch you are scratching may well be very
different to the itches being scratched by others so if you can provide
test code that illustrates your new features and shows them to work
without causing problems elsewhere then this will greatly increase the
chances of having them accepted into Torque.

If you need answers to specific questions then go ahead and ask them.
If you don't get an answer then it may be that others are unfamiliar
with the area you are asking about or are simply too busy with other
things to respond.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

RE: is torque going to evolve ?

Posted by mkblueyonder <mi...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi Alexandru,
In the Peer and Object methods you can specify a database name
that is different to the schema database name. Provided the
specified database name has the same schema (e.g. db2) you
should have no problems.
	e.g. Criteria.setDbName("dbx");
	e.g. <YourObject>.save("dbx") etc.
The parameter db will override the default one.
Best Regards,
Malcolm Kendall, NetVisionIT

Posted by Alexandru Dovlecel <al...@siemens.com>.

Re: is torque going to evolve ?