Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Ashish Mittal <av...@ymail.com> on 2010/05/18 16:53:52 UTC

Extending the JMS and AMQ operations for storage in Cassandra

Hello all,

I am Ashish Mittal and am working for Sakai (an enterprise teaching, learning and academic collaboration project) as a student developer on the project Event-Explorer [1]. My job is to collect the JMS messages using AMQ and store them in a database(Cassandra) after processing and later view them in a gui.

Currently I have implemented this by setting up the local embedded AMQ broker in network with other remote AMQ brokers having the message consumers which process the message, and using Thrift, store it into Cassandra.
But I realized the need of further processing and filtering the messages on basis of their properties and some more flexible routing and hence I intend to use Camel for the procedure.

Can anyone suggest me some easy way of setting up endpoints for Cassandra or a better way in which I could achieve my goal of transferring JMS messages from local AMQ broker to Cassandra using Camel via AMQ (Any pointers to existing documentation would also help).

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ashish Mittal
(av_mittal@ymail.com / amapocalyptic@gmail.com)