Posted to user@gora.apache.org by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 15:29:46 UTC

Gora not finding HBase master

Apologies for the cross posting, but I'm not sure where the configuration
I'm missing lies.

I have Nutch 2.1 connecting to HBase 0.90.6 with everything running locally
on the same machine.  Now I'm trying to move them to separate machines.

I added  hbase.zookeeper.quorum in the Nutch hbase-site.xml to point to the
HBase server.  The HBase logs show the client connection from Nutch, but
then I get a hbase MasterNotRunningException: localhost:50712

As far as I can tell, Zookeeper is defaulting to returning localhost for
the HBase server.  Where is the setting to change this?

Thanks.

Re: Gora not finding HBase master

Posted by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com>.
It turned out to be an /etc/hosts issue.

I needed to remove the hbase host name from 127.0.0.1 and add a separate
line with the machines ip and host name.  Then I had to duplicate that on
the Nutch machine.

Posted by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com>.