Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Berlin Brown <be...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/20 06:19:25 UTC

First nutch based public application, botlist

I have been dying to put a nutch project online.  This is my first one
(which isnt really a product or anything, hobby project).

Basically, I have a site where users can post links and also I process
a list of RSS feeds for articles and add to the database.  Well, I did
a crawl on those set of links and came up with this search piece.  I
was kind of unimpressed with the number of links in the nutch crawl.
There was a seed of about 15,000 links and with nutch I ended up with
about 25,000 new links.  I thought I could get a lot more.  But, one
key piece is that nutch crawled the content which is awesome.

Try it out (remember, just a hobby site)

http://www.botspiritcompany.com/botlist/spring/search/global.html

--
Berlin Brown
http://www.newspiritcompany.com - newspirit technologies