Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/20 18:40:38 UTC

[meecrowave] some changes in bundle mojo

Hi guys,

I pushed a few changes in our bundle goal today, I thought this is the kind
of ones a mail can be worth:

1. We now have an option which will generate a catalina.sh, startup.sh and
shutdown.sh in bin/. In terms of implementation it just delegates to
meecrowave.sh but the interesting point of this feature is to mimic even
more a tomcat which can be helpful when deploying an instance in the cloud.
2. Surprisingly we were not supporting a docBase in bundle mojo, this is
now fixed (and default to src/main/webapp). Note that this can have a side
effect: if you were using src/main/webapp to dev (:run) and not bundle then
you will get more resources in the deliverable. I don't think it is a big
deal since I see it more as being a bug to not bundle it but if you think
it is more blocking we can use another folder by default.
3. We were forcing log4j-jul log manager for JUL on the JVM in the script.
Since we can since a few releases exclude log4j completely I ensured to
check log4j-jul was in lib/ before setting this value, if not we default on
tomcat classloader log manager (guess we can be more fancy and default on
the JVM one in case of a plain deployClasspath but the gain wouldn't be
that huge).

One example of the usages of 2 and 3 is a small demo app I pushed on my
github: https://github.com/rmannibucau/meepress. It runs a wordpress in
meecrowave but without cxf/johnzon/log4j (just tomcat and openwebbeans). 1
will be used to deploy it on a cloud provider which supports tomcat/tomee
but not (yet?) meecrowave so the instance will have the exact same shape :).

Hope it makes sense and the example speaks better than me by itself ;)

Romain Manni-Bucau