Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2008/01/23 04:08:24 UTC

Mail transport implementation for Synapse/Axis2

Folks,

Since we delayed the release of Synapse 1.1.1 for a week to include the
HttpComponents 4.0-beta1 release, I made use of this time to implement a
feature requested by one of our users - Enhanced Mail support
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-189)

As I am confident that the new Email transport is in a very good state,
and since it offers many enhancements over the previous mail
implementation, I am going to check this code into Synapse to be
included into the 1.1.1 release this week. (I plan to check this code
into Axis2 as well, before its next major release). I also hope to
document this transport in more detail in the coming weeks and will let
you know any links, but I have added a sample, a fair amount of unit
tests that cover many cases including SOAP11/12/POX, pop3/imap, SSL/TLS,
Encodings etc are already in place for anyone to peek. I will also
answer any queries on the Synapse-dev/user lists on this as well

asankha

Re: Mail transport implementation for Synapse/Axis2

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
and *user@synapse.apache.org
*

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Deepal

This is a new transport in org.apache.synapse. The reason is that the
Axis2 transports are all in the kernel module and therefore you cannot
improve them without changing the core axis2 jar. I think it would be
good to move these out to a separate maven module.

Paul

On 1/23/08, Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Asankha,
> > Folks,
> >
> > Since we delayed the release of Synapse 1.1.1 for a week to include
> > the HttpComponents 4.0-beta1 release, I made use of this time to
> > implement a feature requested by one of our users - Enhanced Mail
> > support (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-189)
> Did you do any changes to Axis2 mail transport or have you written a new
> one ?
> >
> > As I am confident that the new Email transport is in a very good
> > state, and since it offers many enhancements over the previous mail
> > implementation, I am going to check this code into Synapse to be
> > included into the 1.1.1 release this week. (I plan to check this code
> > into Axis2 as well, before its next major release). I also hope to
> > document this transport in more detail in the coming weeks and will
> > let you know any links, but I have added a sample, a fair amount of
> > unit tests that cover many cases including SOAP11/12/POX, pop3/imap,
> > SSL/TLS, Encodings etc are already in place for anyone to peek. I will
> > also answer any queries on the Synapse-dev/user lists on this as well
> >
> > asankha

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Mail transport implementation for Synapse/Axis2

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Deepal

This is a new transport in org.apache.synapse. The reason is that the
Axis2 transports are all in the kernel module and therefore you cannot
improve them without changing the core axis2 jar. I think it would be
good to move these out to a separate maven module.

Paul

On 1/23/08, Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Asankha,
> > Folks,
> >
> > Since we delayed the release of Synapse 1.1.1 for a week to include
> > the HttpComponents 4.0-beta1 release, I made use of this time to
> > implement a feature requested by one of our users - Enhanced Mail
> > support (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-189)
> Did you do any changes to Axis2 mail transport or have you written a new
> one ?
> >
> > As I am confident that the new Email transport is in a very good
> > state, and since it offers many enhancements over the previous mail
> > implementation, I am going to check this code into Synapse to be
> > included into the 1.1.1 release this week. (I plan to check this code
> > into Axis2 as well, before its next major release). I also hope to
> > document this transport in more detail in the coming weeks and will
> > let you know any links, but I have added a sample, a fair amount of
> > unit tests that cover many cases including SOAP11/12/POX, pop3/imap,
> > SSL/TLS, Encodings etc are already in place for anyone to peek. I will
> > also answer any queries on the Synapse-dev/user lists on this as well
> >
> > asankha

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Mail transport implementation for Synapse/Axis2

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Deepal

This is a new transport in org.apache.synapse. The reason is that the
Axis2 transports are all in the kernel module and therefore you cannot
improve them without changing the core axis2 jar. I think it would be
good to move these out to a separate maven module.

Paul

On 1/23/08, Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Asankha,
> > Folks,
> >
> > Since we delayed the release of Synapse 1.1.1 for a week to include
> > the HttpComponents 4.0-beta1 release, I made use of this time to
> > implement a feature requested by one of our users - Enhanced Mail
> > support (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-189)
> Did you do any changes to Axis2 mail transport or have you written a new
> one ?
> >
> > As I am confident that the new Email transport is in a very good
> > state, and since it offers many enhancements over the previous mail
> > implementation, I am going to check this code into Synapse to be
> > included into the 1.1.1 release this week. (I plan to check this code
> > into Axis2 as well, before its next major release). I also hope to
> > document this transport in more detail in the coming weeks and will
> > let you know any links, but I have added a sample, a fair amount of
> > unit tests that cover many cases including SOAP11/12/POX, pop3/imap,
> > SSL/TLS, Encodings etc are already in place for anyone to peek. I will
> > also answer any queries on the Synapse-dev/user lists on this as well
> >
> > asankha

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Mail transport implementation for Synapse/Axis2

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asankha,

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asankha,