Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Shirley <mj...@hotmail.com> on 2005/12/21 16:41:22 UTC

Installing EMBPerl on Windows XP, Apache 2

I'm completely new to EMBPerl...

I've set up my local machine to test my web site updates before they go
live. The site I'm currently working on uses EMBPerl to parse the Perl
inside the HTML. So now I need to install EMBPerl on my machine to test
these pages.

I see no new documentation for this install on
http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/INSTALL.htm . So, can anyone provide me
with the documentation and required pre-installs?

Thanks much in advance!

~Michael J. Shirley

Re: Installing EMBPerl on Windows XP, Apache 2

Posted by Torsten Lüttgert <t....@cbxnet.de>.
On Do, 2005-12-22 at 01:41 -0500, Michael Shirley wrote:
> Any chance of a fix soon?
>
> I would hate to have to install Apache 1.x and all the other modules just to
> test local.

You don't need to. You can run Embperl in CGI mode under Apache 2
just fine, it just won't work with mod_perl.

Hth,
Torsten

RE: Installing EMBPerl on Windows XP, Apache 2

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> Any chance of a fix soon?

Unfortunately not, otherwise I would already have done it.

I guess it's a full week of work until threads really works correctly and I
can only do it in my spare time, unless somebody pays me for it.

It's on my todo list, but I can't say exactly when I will get enough time...

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **

Re: Installing EMBPerl on Windows XP, Apache 2

Posted by Michael Shirley <mj...@hotmail.com>.
Any chance of a fix soon?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.