Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jon Shoberg <js...@cbd.net> on 2001/12/28 22:51:50 UTC

[Xerces] Special Character Support ?

I am playing with a little test program here, trying to get xerces to parse
down dmoz.com RDF feed. So far so good except for how it does not like
special characters.  For example, the parser gives a fatal error after
encountering the tilde (or squiggly line) above the character n in Espanol.
Any thoughs on how to work past this ?

Thanks
www.shrio.com

Example Feed:
----------------------------------
<Topic r:id="Top/World">
  <tag catid="16"/>
  <d:Title>World</d:Title>
  <narrow r:resource="Top/World/Español"/>
  <narrow r:resource="Top/World/Français"/>
  <narrow r:resource="Top/World/Italiano"/>
  <narrow r:resource="Top/World/Românã"/>
  <narrow r:resource="Top/World/Català"/>
  <narrow r:resource="Top/World/Farsi"/>
</Topic>

Error:
------------------
(Note: Line 694 above is Espanol, and 695 is Francias)
[Fatal Error] structure_example.txt:695:4: The value of attribute
"r:resource" must not contain the '<' character. org.xml.sax.SAXException:
Stopping after fatal error: The value of attribute "r:resource" must not
contain the '<' character. at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1245) at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDocume
ntScanner.java:598) at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanAttValue(XMLDocumentScann
er.java:528) at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumentScanne
r.java:1769) at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:1182) at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java:381) at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1098) at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1139) at
dmoz.main(dmoz.java:59)

Re: [Xerces] Special Character Support ?

Posted by wei song <sw...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
I am a beginner of jaxp and studying the tutorial in the website of java.sun.com/xml.

For the example code of Part III 2b, I didn't get the "Entity Reference node" from the DOM TreeView window when I run it on my PC.(http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/dist/1.1/docs/tutorial/dom/2b_display.html).

Does anyone know why?
Thanks in advance,

sawa

Send your FREE holiday greetings online at Yahoo! Greetings.

How to get 'Entity Reference Node' in DOM GUI?