Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2016/12/08 02:26:45 UTC

DML Documentation Readiness

Alexander,

How close are you to the finalization of the DML doc?
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-dml <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-dml>

Since we’re approaching 1.8 release I would like to do a final review of it polishing whatever is needed tomorrow.

As I see that only the limitations section is left. The first note is that I wouldn’t mention “JDBC Batching mode” for now because this is something that doesn’t affect the usability and SQL API's scope of support.

—
Denis

Re: DML Documentation Readiness

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Readme.io team broke something in the legacy version of the doc engine that we used. As a result navigation was broken completely. I had to migrate all our docs to the latest version of their product which is 2.0 in order to fix this. Presently I’m reaching them our in order to apply the appearance we had before.

The valid links are the following:

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/dml
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-grid
[3] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/binary-marshaller#handling-hash-code-generation-and-equals-execution

—
Denis

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Alexander, thanks for such a useful section. I’ve reviewed it and added to the page existed before
http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/v1.8/docs/sql-performance-and-debugging#section-advanced-dml-optimizations <http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/v1.8/docs/sql-performance-and-debugging#section-advanced-dml-optimizations>

The page you created before for `Fast Updates` was removed.

—
Denis

Posted by Prachi Garg <pg...@gridgain.com>.
Denis,

The page slug can be changed in readme.io. I have renamed the url -
http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/v1.8/docs/sql-performance-and-debugging

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/performance-and-debugging <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/performance-and-debugging>

—

Posted by Alexander Paschenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Denis,

Posted by Alexander Paschenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Denis, Prachi,

Posted by Prachi Garg <pg...@gridgain.com>.
Sure, will look into it.

-P

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
I’ve finished the review and released all the parts of DML documentation [1].

Prachi, could you review whole SQL Grid documentation [2] including [1]? Also it will be great if you check this newly added section [3].

[1] http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/dml <http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/dml>
[2] http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/sql-grid <http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/sql-grid>
[3] http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/binary-marshaller#handling-hash-code-generation-and-equals-execution <http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/binary-marshaller#handling-hash-code-generation-and-equals-execution>

—
Denis

Posted by Alexander Paschenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Denis,