Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marco Vieira <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/09 23:28:43 UTC

[Trinidad] SQL ResultSet for tr:table value

Hi everybody,

I'm working with the Trinidad Table component. I was wondering if anyone has
used a ResultSet on the value attribute. Supposedly this attribute takes a
CollectionModel which extends a JSF DataModel. The underlying wrapped data
according to the Javadoc (
http://myfaces.apache.org/core12/myfaces-api/apidocs/javax/faces/model/DataModel.html#getWrappedData())
the data can be a List, Array or ResultSet and when it is specified in the
value attribute it is automatically converted to a CollectionModel.

All of the examples I have seen usually use a List. Since the data I want to
use I am accessing from a local SQL Server, if I could, I would prefer to
use a ResultSet. Something like this:

rowSelection="'single'"
          value="#{searchTable.dbResults}" var="row" rows="10">

...where dbResults is the ResultSet I want to use. But I'm not sure how to
access the columns of each individual row. I've tried this:

    <f:facet name="header">
    </f:facet>

...where columna is the name of a column in the ResultSet. I don't think
this is the way it should work.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance,

Marco