Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2016/06/01 03:26:33 UTC

BCEL release?

Hi,
Last release is from 2006.
Fixes for java 8 are here for a while.

Any ETA on releasing BCEL one day?

Regards
--
Olivier Lamy

Re: BCEL release?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 June 2016 at 00:50, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> My problem is the maven coordinate changed....

That was done as part of BCEL-222.
This will have to be reverted in order to release a compatible version of BCEL.
I did not get around to doing that when I reworked the code.

> I use bcel in a maven plugin.
> So ideally I would have been happy to simply override in the dependencies
> section of the plugin with the new bcel version.
> But due this non compatible change on the maven coordinate I cannot do
> that....

Commons has a choice:
(A) release a binary compatible version of BCEL with the same package
name and Maven coords.
or
(B) release a major new version with new package name and new Maven
coords (the current coords would do)

Only approach (A) works as a drop-in replacement.

Re: BCEL release?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

--
Olivier Lamy