Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by venkatnsm <ve...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/04 15:13:15 UTC

java pojo/Bean to generate html (textfield, dropdown,radio buttons)

hi,

how to generate html page from java POJO.

Suppose in pogo i have name & age, for these fields i want to generate text
field automatically  in HTML with validations.

Thanks in advance.

Re: java pojo/Bean to generate html (textfield, dropdown,radio buttons)

Posted by Kees van Dieren <in...@squins.com>.
Stackoverflow post about wicket scaffolding:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9997688/scaffolding-in-wicket

Best regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Kees van Dieren
Squins | IT, Honestly
Oranjestraat 23
2983 HL Ridderkerk
The Netherlands
Phone: +31 (0)180 415559
Mobile: +31 (0)6 30413841
www.squins.com
http://twitter.com/keesvandieren
Chamber of commerce Rotterdam: 24435130
Boeken voor school en werk bestel je op studieboekencenter.nl

Posted by yesotaso <ye...@yahoo.com>.
While I absolutely agree with Thomas, I'd suggest using a text generator
template like FTL, Ruby or even String#format will do as well :) Below is a
FTL piece.

Posted by Thomas Götz <to...@decoded.de>.
Nothing easier than that!

MyBean bean = new MyBean();
System.out.println(bean.toHtmlWithFieldsAndValidationAndEverything());

Seriously: if you want us to help you should ask serious questions. Nobody will be able to explain how to automatically generate a HTML page from a POJO. You might as well ask: I have some sugar, 2 eggs and and pound of flour, how to automatically bake a cake out of this?!

SCNR,
   -Tom