Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by gianny DAMOUR <gi...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/03 16:18:19 UTC

Re: [webapp deployment] Progress (was Re: [Deployment] Application Deployment Status)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:47:22 -0400 (EDT), Aaron Mulder wrote:
>  - How can we manage it if two applications claiming the same context root
>are distributed (but not started)?  Presumably we need some way for a web
>app to "reserve" a context root before its started (we'd like the
>distribute to fail if the app couldn't be legitimately started afterward).
I am quite sure that it is possible to implement a mechanism to reserve a
web-app context. However, I think that a more simple mechanism is to use the
DeploymentManager.getAvailableModules method prior to distribute an
application archive. Then, one can iterate on the returned TargetModuleID
array and use the getWebURL method to assess a conflict.

However, a conflict could occur right in the middle of a distribution. I am
not sure that to implement an ACID deployment mechanism is really required.

Gianny

MSN Messenger 6 http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866  : dialoguez en son et en image
avec vos amis.