Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Raymond <ra...@doublebite.com> on 2007/09/08 01:19:47 UTC

translets

Hey All,

1) Are there any statistical analysis between interpretive and
"translet" driven XSL processing?

Even a comparison:

    Xalan XSL Interpreted    VS.   Xalan XSLTC Translet

would be great.

2) Are there limitations in the support of "exslt" when  XSLTC
Translets?

Thanks,

Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>
Software Engineer
Liferay, Inc.
Enterprise. Open Source. For Life.

Re: translets

Posted by Raymond <ra...@doublebite.com>.
Thank you both for your answers. They are very helpful.

My thinking of our implementation would be quite similar to what you
describe, Santiago. We have a series of XSL templates which would be
cached until a change is made. If, as you suggest, we can possibly gain
roughly a 100% increase in performance, that would surely be worthwhile.

The sad part is that XSLTC does not support xalan:component and
xalan:script or Extension element. Though we don't currently use either
of these, I'd recently done some prototyping to provide several
extension elements. It would have been nice to gain the benefit of XSLTC
on top of that.

Thanks again,

Ray

Re: translets