Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Hayward, Michael A" <mi...@sun.com> on 2006/04/19 19:00:49 UTC

global_ignores

I am trying to move code from ClearCase to SubVersion.  svn import is
not importing .o files from the subdirectory referenced.

Googling produces messages to a file called global_ignores that I'm
trying to locate.  This behavior of svn import is not documented in:

- svn help
- the subversion book
- on the faq

At the very least svn import should display 'ignoring' or some such as
it walks the 'from' tree.
At best there would also be an option on the command to tell it to
import everything and it would be documented behavior.

I'm still trying to find the location of this global_ignores file and
figure out how it works... if anyone has any advice or if I am missing
something, please let me know!  Thanks :-)

- Mike

Re: global_ignores

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Apr 20, 2006, at 03:49, René Berber wrote:

> Hayward, Michael A wrote:
>
>> I am trying to move code from ClearCase to SubVersion.  svn import is
>> not importing .o files from the subdirectory referenced.
>>
>> Googling produces messages to a file called global_ignores that I'm
>> trying to locate.  This behavior of svn import is not documented in:
>>
>> - svn help
>> - the subversion book
>
> Really?  Have you seen chapter 7, page 128?

Which is:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07.html#svn-ch-7-sect-1.3.2

Re: global_ignores

Posted by René Berber <r....@computer.org>.