Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Hu Hailin <to...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/21 05:49:46 UTC

Is there any way to remove a node from cluster safely?

Hi,

Our use case is mainly for cache purpose, like the below:

1. Write intensive, put requests ~100k/s
2. Short TTL, about 10~15 mins

So we plan to do it with the native persistence disabled and no backup.

The data is not critical, but if possible, we don't want to just throw them
away with shutting down the node.
Is there any way to stop the to-be-replaced node logically at first? Wait
some time to let cache expire, and then stop the ignite process to remove
it.

Thank you.

Re: Is there any way to remove a node from cluster safely?

Posted by Hu Hailin <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

At least one backup, got it.

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Unfortunately, in your environment, you can't stop the node without losing
the data. To stop one node safety you require at least one backup.

BR,
Andrei