Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jacob Everist <je...@fairtunes.com> on 2000/09/05 23:42:38 UTC

modperl not working

I'm getting this error while running Apache:
[jeverist@server1 bin]$ ./httpd
Syntax error on line 952 of /home/jeverist/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command '<perl>', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

But modperl shows up here:

[jeverist@server1 bin]$ ./httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_perl.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /home/jeverist/local/apache/bin/suexec
[jeverist@server1 bin]$

Could the invalid wrapper have anything to do with this?  I don't even
know what this means.

Can anyone tell me why Apache won't run <perl> statements?

--
Jacob Everist
jeverist@fairtunes.com

http://www.fairtunes.com

Re: modperl not working

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Jacob Everist wrote:

> I'm getting this error while running Apache:
> [jeverist@server1 bin]$ ./httpd
> Syntax error on line 952 of /home/jeverist/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command '<perl>', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
> included in the server configuration
>
> But modperl shows up here:
>
> [jeverist@server1 bin]$ ./httpd -l
> Compiled-in modules:
>   http_core.c
>   mod_env.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_mime.c
>   mod_negotiation.c
>   mod_status.c
>   mod_include.c
>   mod_autoindex.c
>   mod_dir.c
>   mod_cgi.c
>   mod_asis.c
>   mod_imap.c
>   mod_actions.c
>   mod_userdir.c
>   mod_alias.c
>   mod_access.c
>   mod_auth.c
>   mod_setenvif.c
>   mod_perl.c
> suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /home/jeverist/local/apache/bin/suexec
> [jeverist@server1 bin]$
>
> Could the invalid wrapper have anything to do with this?  I don't even
> know what this means.
>
> Can anyone tell me why Apache won't run <perl> statements?

I'm not sure whether <perl> is the same as <Perl> (the right way) if
Apache is case-insensitive about all the variables. So try <Perl> as it
explained in the docs.

It's possible that you are missing the right build option:

  perl Makefile.PL PERL_SECTIONS=1

or

  perl Makefile.PL EVERYTHING=1

Hope this helps.