Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/11 04:12:17 UTC

queues in haddop

Hello,

I have a hadoop cluster setup of 10 nodes and I an in need of implementing
queues in the cluster for receiving high volumes of data.
Please suggest what will be more efficient to use in the case of receiving
24 Million Json files.. approx 5 KB each in every 24 hours :
1. Using Capacity Scheduler
2. Implementing RabbitMQ and receive data from them using Spring
Integration Data pipe lines.

I cannot afford to loose any of the JSON files received.

Thanking You,

Ouch Whisper
010101010101

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
He's got two different queues.

1) queue in capacity scheduler so he can have a set or M/R tasks running in the background to pull data off of...

2) a durable queue that receives the inbound json files to be processed.

You can have a customer written listener that pulls data from the queue and puts them either in HDFS or HBase, depending on the access patterns and the content of the files.
Then you would write a M/R job that actually processes the data to be used by ancillary processes not mentioned in the OP's question.

This is why he asked about RabbitMQ which is one option, there are others like ActiveMQ or something else....

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
You can also use fluentd. http://fluentd.org/
"Fluentd receives logs as JSON streams, buffers them, and sends them
to other systems like Amazon S3, MongoDB, Hadoop, or other Fluentds."
It has a plugin for pushing into HDFS through fluent-plugin-webhdfs.
https://github.com/fluent/fluent-plugin-webhdfs
It can also handle JSON directly, so it fits in your case.

Thanks,
Tsuyoshi

--
OZAWA Tsuyoshi

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.

--
OZAWA Tsuyoshi

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.

--
OZAWA Tsuyoshi

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.

--
OZAWA Tsuyoshi

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
The attached screenshot will shows how flume will work, and also you can
consider RabbitMQ, as it persistent too..

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: queues in haddop

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.