Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by kavithaa Rajavenkateshwaran <ka...@ci.uchicago.edu> on 2006/08/24 00:03:38 UTC

Axis deployment error for WS with basic authentication in tomcat

Hi

I want to include authentication in my web service thru SSL.I  passed
the username and password to locator class and assigned it to stub
property using

  _stub._setProperty(javax.xml.rpc.Stub.USERNAME_PROPERTY, username);
  _stub._setProperty(javax.xml.rpc.Stub.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, password);

Also I had setup basic authentication with JDBC REALM in tomcat
container.So that whenever I access my service using browser it asks
me for user credentials and verify it with my database user table
(which has username and password ).

When i tried to deploy my deploy.wsdd, I had something like...

Exception: AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}
Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
         {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}
stackTrace:javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

So I  disabled ssl in tomcat and tried to deploy the service. But
this time I got

Exception: AxisFault
faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
faultSubcode:
faultString: (401)Unauthorized

I tried to search for some solution in axis mailing-list, Couldn't
find a solution.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong .Help me to resolve
this.I need to access my webservice using https and authenticate
using userid and password from my database.

Thanks
Kavithaa