Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/23 18:40:18 UTC

MINA and Buffering

Hello.

After few tests with MINA using TCP, I've observed that MINA or Camel seem
to put a lot of data in a buffer. In some cases with the sync option set to
false, injecting big flows of data to my TCP server, thousands of messages
seem to be processed many minutes late. All seem ok at the end, without any
altered or lost data.

I've been looking Camel and MINA documentations to find some explanation and
a posible way to control this buffering feature, but nothing.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Re: MINA and Buffering

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

It seems to do it always.

Here is the part of the blueprint. The test just takes received data and
puts them into a map. In the future project, the map will be a more
realistic external OSGi service that will store, process and manage big
counts of rows (about 10 millions rows)... In my tests, a simple log
produces the same strange buffering, but with the additional cost of file
writing, that in our case changes the performance evaluation...

Thanks for your help.

Re: MINA and Buffering

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Is it something that happens consistently? Or randomly?
Maybe you can post your route and I can take a look.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Ephemeris Lappis <
ephemeris.lappis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> After few tests with MINA using TCP, I've observed that MINA or Camel seem
> to put a lot of data in a buffer. In some cases with the sync option set to
> false, injecting big flows of data to my TCP server, thousands of messages
> seem to be processed many minutes late. All seem ok at the end, without any
> altered or lost data.
>
> I've been looking Camel and MINA documentations to find some explanation
> and
> a posible way to control this buffering feature, but nothing.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards.

*Christian Posta*