Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/03 13:10:25 UTC

Docker organization for development images

Hi,

We've created a docker hub organisation called "arrowdev"
to host the images defined in the docker-compose.yml, see
the following commit [1].
So now it is possible to speed up the image builds by pulling
the layers first, I suggest to use the --pull flag for building
images: `docker-compose build --pull cpp`

We need to manually grant write access for committers and
PMC members, so please send me your dockerhub username.

Thanks, Krisztian

P.S. Github has recently introduced its packaging feature, so
we'll be able to experiment with hosting docker images on
GitHub directly which would handle our permission settings
out of the box. IMO we should try it once it is enabled for
the apache/arrow repository.

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/commit/1165cdb85b92cefcf59ac39d35f42d168cc64517

Re: Docker organization for development images

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
https://hub.docker.com/u/ktou

In <CA...@mail.gmail.com>

Posted by Bryan Cutler <cu...@gmail.com>.