Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/28 10:55:31 UTC

Deploying a snapshot

I ask this every time I think, and yet can never find it in the archives.

How do I deploy a snapshot version of something?

Hen

Re: Deploying a snapshot

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.
On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 11:49 -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Russel Winder
> <ru...@concertant.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 09:04 -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks - currently it gets to the password prompt and then refuses to
> >> accept my password. Do I need something in ~/.m2/settings.xml?
> >> Currently I don't have one.
> >
> > You will definitely need a ~/.m2/settings.xml and it needs an entry such
> > as:
> >
> >  <servers>
> >    <server>
> >      <id>dav.codehaus.org</id>
> >      <username>russel</username>
> >      <password>XXXX</password>
> >    </server>
> >  </servers>
> >
> > Only for the Apache servers rather than the Codehaus servers
> > obviously :-)
>
> Ahhh. It doesn't know the username :) So it's probably trying to login
> as 'hen'. I know I don't usually put the password in there, but always
> forget about the username bit.

Yep. It defaults to your local username, which ain't good if your remote
server account is different.

Just for the record, you can also do
    <server>
      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
      <username>myusername</username>
      <privateKey>/home/me/.ssh/mykey</privateKey>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
    </server>
If the key has a passphrase, then just run "ssh-add" before running "mvn
-Prc deploy".

Regards,
Simon

Re: Deploying a snapshot

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
<ru...@concertant.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 09:04 -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:
>
>> Thanks - currently it gets to the password prompt and then refuses to
>> accept my password. Do I need something in ~/.m2/settings.xml?
>> Currently I don't have one.
>
> You will definitely need a ~/.m2/settings.xml and it needs an entry such
> as:
>
>  <servers>
>    <server>
>      <id>dav.codehaus.org</id>
>      <username>russel</username>
>      <password>XXXX</password>
>    </server>
>  </servers>
>
> Only for the Apache servers rather than the Codehaus servers
> obviously :-)

Ahhh. It doesn't know the username :) So it's probably trying to login
as 'hen'. I know I don't usually put the password in there, but always
forget about the username bit.

Thanks,

Hen

Re: Deploying a snapshot

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@concertant.com>.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077

Re: Deploying a snapshot

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Deploying a snapshot

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 5/28/08, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ask this every time I think, and yet can never find it in the archives.
>
>  How do I deploy a snapshot version of something?

<snip/>

mvn -Prc deploy

 * Bits will go to the m2-snap-repo on people (if version is a
snapshot, as you indicate above)
 * If this is some branch that hasn't been updated for a while, ensure
commons-parent is at v10

-Rahul