Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by anand <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/03 07:26:13 UTC

Repository setup

Hello Users,

I was trying using jackrabbit-webapp-2.0.beta3 but after i started the
server i move to Content Repository Setup at
http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.0-beta3/ and there i got two
options either use existing on or create a new repository. I opted for new
one. And the moment i click the "Create Content Repository" then it shows

What could be problem?

Thanks,
simer

Re: Repository setup

Posted by anand <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello Users,

Apart from above stated problem there is one more now. This time on
jackrabbit1.5.6.  I was trying to access repository through my code and then
an bug " [Fatal Error] workspace.xml:1:43: Invalid encoding name
"ISO8859_1".
Dec 7, 2009 2:37:28 PM org.apache.jackrabbit.core.FirstHop sim ". I faced
this bug earlier also that time i changed the encoding "ISO8859_1" to
"UTF-8" in workspace.xml. And at that time repository started running. But
now my code is showing this error i don't why because there is no such type
of encoding in workspace.xml it's still "UTF-8".

Thanks,
simer

RE: Repository setup

Posted by anand <si...@gmail.com>.
INFO: Stopping service Catalina
Dec 7, 2009 11:46:23 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Dec 7, 2009 11:46:59 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
performance in production environments was not found on the
java.library.path:
/usr/local/jdk1.6/jre/lib/i386/client:/usr/local/jdk1.6/jre/lib/i386:/usr/local/jdk1.6/jre/../lib/i386:/usr/java/packages/lib/i386:/lib:/usr/lib
Dec 7, 2009 11:47:01 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Dec 7, 2009 11:47:01 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 7254 ms
Dec 7, 2009 11:47:02 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n954242/catalina_log catalina_log
Dec 7, 2009 11:47:02 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.20
Dec 7, 2009 11:47:04 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive jackrabbit-webapp-2.0-beta3.war
Dec 7, 2009 11:47:06 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
validateJarFile
INFO:
validateJarFile(/home/sda_tr1/Desktop/testing/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/webapps/jackrabbit-webapp-2.0-beta3/WEB-INF/lib/jackrabbit-standalone-2.0-beta3.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class
Dec 7, 2009 11:47:13 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Dec 7, 2009 11:47:14 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Dec 7, 2009 11:47:14 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/150  config=null
Dec 7, 2009 11:47:14 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 12964 ms
Dec 7, 2009 12:06:29 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol pause
INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Dec 7, 2009 12:06:30 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
INFO: Stopping service Catalina
Dec 7, 2009 12:06:33 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

RE: Repository setup

Posted by Sunil Dhage <su...@coreobjects.com>.
Anand,
Can you please provide the stacktrace.

And if possible the piece of code throwing the exception, if it is from your code.

/Sunil Dhage
> You need to delete the repository folder.
>
> Yeah i did that and then again tried to create but ended up with 'Some
Error occurred while processing'

Thanks,
simer

Re: Repository setup

Posted by anand <si...@gmail.com>.

RE: Repository setup

Posted by Sunil Dhage <su...@coreobjects.com>.
Anand,

You need to delete the repository folder.

Regards,
Sunil Dhage
> A temporary workaround is to remove the jackrabbit directory found in
> the working directory where you start your servlet engine (like
> TOMCAT_HOME
> or JETTY_HOME).
>
> I just filled a bug on JIRA for this problem [1].
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2421
>
> --
> Sébastien Launay
>
> 2009/12/3 anand <si...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hello Users,
>>
>> I was trying using jackrabbit-webapp-2.0.beta3 but after i started the
>> server i move to Content Repository Setup at
>> http://localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.0-beta3/ and there i got two
>> options either use existing on or create a new repository. I opted for
>> new
>> one. And the moment i click the "Create Content Repository" then it shows
>> What could be problem?
>> Thanks,
>> simer

Hello Users,

                  I was trying to use jackrabbit2.0 beta release and before
2.0  i used jackrabbit1.5.6. version. To run jackrabbit2.0  i used the same
but updated jar files from 1.5.6. to 2.0. But at the time of creating the
repository it shows some bug "Content Repository Exists". And as Sébastien
asked me to remove the 'jackrabbit' folder from tomcat's bin folder before
creating the repository but after removing it also that problem doesn't
seems to get over.

Are there any additional jar files that need to be added? I added
jcr-2.0-b114.jar into classpath.

Thanks,
simer

Re: Repository setup