Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tony Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/29 12:10:17 UTC

[general]where can I find the spec for sun compatible classes?

Hi all,

As you may know, some applications[1] may depend on the following 2
methods[2] and we have disscussed before[3]. Now I want to add them to
sun compatible module, but I didn't find any spec about them, where
can I get the spec?

[1]
refer to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2862

[2]
sun.io.ByteToCharConverter
sun.io.CharToByteConverter

[3]
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@harmony.apache.org/msg02931.html
--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM

RE: [general]where can I find the spec for sun compatible classes?

Posted by "Zakharov, Vasily M" <va...@intel.com>.
I suspect that IBM guys who wrote ICU that uses and extends those two
deprecated classes (see [3] discussion) already performed that black-box
testing and could provide some details on the expected behavior.

 Vasily

I'm afraid that black-box testing or "guessing" is the only way...

SY, Alexey

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.