Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by "Fournier, Camille F. [Tech]" <Ca...@gs.com> on 2011/03/21 20:26:44 UTC

Faster session timeout for crashed sessions

Hi all,

I haven't heard anything back from my questions on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-922 in a while. We are very keen to have this functionality here because our users really do not understand why data sticks around for a while after their connections are killed. I'd like to move forward in a direction that people are comfortable with so I don't throw away a bunch of work. Complicating this is the major changes we potentially have in the pipeline for 3.4, including 702, which will make merging any changes I write to trunk now require a serious rewrite.

So, first of all, could I get some thoughts on 922?
Secondly, I know we've been discussing a 3.4 release in mid-April. Is that still on track? Does anyone have a vague notion of when the next feature-containing release would be after 3.4? It would be very painful to have to wait for several months to get this feature in.

Camille

RE: Faster session timeout for crashed sessions

Posted by "Fournier, Camille F. [Tech]" <Ca...@gs.com>.
OK, thanks. Let me know what you think of 922. If there's any help I can provide for 3.4 let me know.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Camille,