Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by francesco <fr...@unimore.it> on 2010/09/07 13:47:58 UTC

Virtual Topic doubts

Hallo all!

I'm quite new to virtual topics and actually I can't have them working.

First of all:
virtual topic with the syntax as
http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html are enabled by
default with activemq 5.4, correct?

Please correct me if I misunderstood: if I'm a stomp user, I would post to
/topic/VirtualTopic.hellos

and I could read at:
/queue/Consumer.bacedifo.VirtualTopic.hellos

where bacedifo is simply a label, it is not required to be in-sync with
clientID or something else.

(Something has to be wrong there because it doesn't work.)

Moreover: how could I test virtualTopics from the web utility interface?

If I post a message to with the "send" command to the topic
"VirtualTopic/hellos" where should it show up? Where should I go to
browse it? Under "queues" or under "topics"? Unfortunately messages
looks vanished.

Did I forget something to activate this feature or did I miss something
important in documentation?

Thank you,

Francesco

Re: Virtual Topic doubts

Posted by francesco <fr...@unimore.it>.
Ok: in activemq5.4.0 virtual destinations are not enabled until this lines
are inserted in activemq.xml:

 <destinationInterceptors>
      <virtualDestinationInterceptor>
        <virtualDestinations>
        <virtualTopic name="VirtualTopic.>" prefix="Consumer.*."/>
        </virtualDestinations>
      </virtualDestinationInterceptor>
    </destinationInterceptors>

To post messages, use queue: /topic/VirtualTopic.hellos

To read messages, instead: /queue/Consumer.my_client.VirtualTopic.hellos
(works also /topic/Consumer.my_client.VirtualTopic.hellos)

Moreover there is a problem with the Client subscribe action for the ruby
stomp client, so I had to use Connection instead.

Regards,

Francesco