Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by pe...@cafes.net on 2006/12/19 21:49:37 UTC

Plugin help-- need to store state

Hi. Were writing an in house plugin. Our SA version is 3.1.5.  Basically we have a lot of rules
based on data from a database. We want to hit the data base once and
then have all the rules beable to check the data to score accordingly
similar to how Bayes works.

>From reading the M::SA::Plugin docs, it seems the check_start  call back is a good plate  to set state and the PerMsgStatus object is where to store it. So we have this;

sub check_start {

    my ($self, $pms) = @_;
 	$pms->{CAFEREP}{from_avg_score} = 2.0;
}

When we access $pms->{CAFEREP}{from_avg_score} in our eval rule,  we get
an error saying it is uninitialized.

So, do we need to call check_start on our own somewhere? The docs say it
is a callback that SA calls.

thanks for any help.

Peter