Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by 赵全超 <zh...@ondemand.cn> on 2014/06/20 08:23:29 UTC

Ambari Configuration file

Hi,

     In ambari , when api client want to create a configuration file , it
need to provide a tag eg,”version1”.

I want to know What are the rules to generate the tag in the ambari-web?
When a user want to get configuration file , how he know tag value?

I think users does not care how many versions in ambari-server, more
concerned with latest version ,

So, maintain a version not more simple?

ZhaoQuanchao

China,Beijing

Re: Ambari Configuration file

Posted by Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>.
The tag must be unique across all configurations per type. There can be
only one core-site/version1, hdfs-site/version1 etc. You can make it
anything you wish: core-site/1.0.0, hdfs-site/x.y.z.

When you create a configuration tag and assign it to a cluster, that one
becomes the "current version." You can see that when you request:

GET /api/v1/clusters/c1?fields=Clusters/desired_configs

Thanks,
Nate

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE