Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marie Steinberg <s....@libertysurf.fr> on 2002/05/06 11:57:24 UTC

DTD name retrieving

Hello,

I would like retrieve DTD name (of xml) in my xsl
stylesheet with solution that compile with FOP.
Is there solution using Java class ?

Thank you very much for your help ?
Marie
--------------
Profitez des 2 offres exceptionnelles Tiscali !
"Internet Gratuit le Jour" et "Modem ADSL rembours�"
Cliquez ici, http://register.tiscali.fr/forfaits_ls/
Offres soumises � conditions.

Re: DTD name retrieving

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Marie Steinberg wrote:
> I would like retrieve DTD name (of xml) in my xsl
> stylesheet with solution that compile with FOP.
> Is there solution using Java class ?

First question: what is the DTD name: the system
identifier (usually a file name or URL), the optional
public identifer, or the name of the document element?

There is no standardized mechanism to get either the
system or the public identifier from within XSLT.
You'll have to pass it as a parameter, or use an
extension function. There isn't a standard Java API
method to retrieve them either.

Why do you think you need it? There are not much
use cases, and none in connection with generating
FO that I am aware of.

J.Pietschmann