Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.com> on 2002/10/28 16:45:39 UTC

Xalan-c and xpath

Hi All!

Does xalan-c support namespace in the xpath part??

My problem is that an xpath like this "count(/D:multistatus/D:response)"
returns an error:

XPath failure, check syntax in XPath Expression Unable to resolve prefix
'D'.
pattern = 'count(/D:multistatus/D:response)'
Remaining tokens: ('count' '(' '/')

Am I missing something or do I need to enable namespace support in
anyway??

Regards
Jacob

PS: Is there a users mailing list for xalan-c??

Re: Xalan-c and xpath

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Yes, it does.

However, you've given no information as to how you are invoking Xalan-C.
If you've wriiten a stylesheet, you might include a _short_ sample input
document and _short_ stylesheet which reproduces the problem.

If you're using the XPathEvaluator class, then you need to implement a
prefix resolver that maps the prefix to a namespace.  Otherwise, how is
Xalan supposed to figure out what you meant by the prefix "D?"

By the way, that looks something like a Xalan error message, but with some
modifications that aren't coming from the Xalan code.  Did you misquote the
error message, or is some other code producing them?

Dave

                      "Jacob Lund"
                      <jl@qualiware.co         To:      <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      m>                       cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                               Subject: Xalan-c and xpath
                      10/28/2002 10:45
                      AM
                      Please respond