Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tim Bachta <tb...@kopent.com> on 2003/07/30 17:10:00 UTC

Embedded html in xml tags converting to pdf

I am using cocoon to create a PDF file.  The problem that I am having is
some of my xml contains embedded html tags.  These tags are showing up
as plain text when my PDF is created, what I would like them to do is
show as their specific tag that is stated.  Is there a way of doing
this?

Example of xml.

<task>

            <message><STRONG>This is a test</STRONG><a
href="www.test.com">This is the test link</a>

</task>

Thanks

Tim Bachta

Re: Embedded html in xml tags converting to pdf

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Tim Bachta wrote:
> I am using cocoon to create a PDF file.  The problem that I am having is
> some of my xml contains embedded html tags.  These tags are showing up
> as plain text when my PDF is created, what I would like them to do is
> show as their specific tag that is stated.  Is there a way of doing
> this?

I'm not really sure whether I understand your problem. If you
have the following:
> <task>
>             <message><STRONG>This is a test</STRONG><a
> href="www.test.com">This is the test link</a>
> </task>

and you want to have "This is a test" in bold face, you have to
transform it into the appropriate FO construct, the same way you
transform the rest of the source.
If the "embedded HTML" is escaped, then you have to use some
arcane magic which is only recommended to people who know which
kind of demons they summon. It is better to get the source fixed
instead.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Embedded html in xml tags converting to pdf

Posted by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com>.
Just add more templates to you xsl stylesheet.. ie:

<xsl:template match="STRONG">
 <fo:inline font-weight="bold"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:inline>
</xsl:template>