Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Michael Jenny <pr...@googlemail.com> on 2008/08/27 16:02:04 UTC

Register multiple thrift-service handlers on server side.

Hi all,
I wonder if it is possible to have a thrift server waiting for requests from
different services (e.g. in the sense of multiple thrift idl service
definition).
To make it more obvious: Is it possible to do something that is similar to
this:

CalculatorHandler handler = new CalculatorHandler();
Calculator.Processor calcultorProcessor = new Calculator.Processor(handler);

CalendarHandler handler = new CalendarHandler();
Calendar.Processor calendarProcessor = new Calendar.Processor(handler);

and assign them both to a single thrift server instance?

Thanks for any hints.

Regards, Michael.

Re: Register multiple thrift-service handlers on server side.

Posted by Carl Byström <ca...@esportnetwork.com>.
Have a look at Johan's contribution on multiplexing of services
It hasn't been committed yet, but his patches are in Java and attached to
the ticket.
(Judging from your code snippet, I assume it's Java you are using)