Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2008/10/26 14:37:36 UTC

Re: cayenne-tutorial

As an FYI, this seems to be a bug in the Confluence Auto Export plugin
- an incorrect version of the image is picked when there's more than 1
version of the same image uploaded on the page. So I deleted and re-
uploaded such images, and now waiting for the change to propagate to
the site.

Andrus

On Oct 26, 2008, at 9:27 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Aha... The screenshot problem was related to the site publishing
> problem - the latest images weren't pushed to the live site. So
> while I am working on straightening that out, you can use the
> offline tutorial that can be found in the docs included in the
> Cayenne download (the start page is "cayenne-2.0.x/doc/index.html").
>
> Andrus
>
> On Oct 26, 2008, at 9:15 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> On Oct 25, 2008, at 6:33 PM, Matt Crouch wrote:
>>> I  have several questions about the cayenne-tutorial project and
>>> CayenneModeler
>>>
>>> 1. I'm having some problems with the UI in CayenneModeler. When
>>> adding
>>> an attribute, I tab over to "Type" and expect that I can select
>>> using
>>> arrow keys or typing. If I type a letter, the dropdown list arrow
>>> appears, but I can't change it's value. Is this normal?
>>>
>>> 2. In the DbRelationship Info dialog box I can't tab among inputs. I
>>> can tab to "Reverse Relationship" and back, but no further -- i.e.
>>> only the TextFields. If I do tab further, I can't get back inside
>>> them.
>>>
>>> Those aren't that important, just annoying as I can't stand having
>>> use the mouse for everything.
>>
>> Fair enough. Even in substantially reworked and improved
>> CayenneModeler 3.0M5 (which is coming out soon), tabbing behavior
>> is far from ideal. Something we'll need to improve upon.
>>

>>> 3. There seem to be inconsistencies in the field naming in the
>>> tutorial. The data model at the top