Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Shreyaswini <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/08 22:19:30 UTC

exception while creating a new instance of SXSSFWorkbook

Hi,

I am trying to implement the creation of excel work book for large number of
rows using SXSSFWorkbook.

Exception is thrown when i try to create a work book of the type
SXSSFWorkbook with the code:
SXSSFWorkbook workBook = new SXSSFWorkbook();
OR
Workbook workBook = new SXSSFWorkbook();

Both the above object creations the following error.

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet XSSFExcelServlet threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/poi/ss/formula/udf/UDFFinder
at org.apache.poi.xssf.streaming.SXSSFWorkbook.(SXSSFWorkbook.java:53)

Can anybody help me in solving this issue?

thanks,
Shreya

Re: exception while creating a new instance of SXSSFWorkbook

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Shreyaswini wrote:
> Exception is thrown when i try to create a work book of the type
> SXSSFWorkbook with the code:
> SXSSFWorkbook workBook = new SXSSFWorkbook();
> OR
> Workbook workBook = new SXSSFWorkbook();
>
> Both the above object creations the following error.
>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet XSSFExcelServlet threw exception
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/poi/ss/formula/udf/UDFFinder
> at org.apache.poi.xssf.streaming.SXSSFWorkbook.(SXSSFWorkbook.java:53)

Looks like you have an older copy of the POI jar kicking around on your
classpath too. See the FAQ <http://poi.apache.org/faq.html#faq-N10006> for
details on how to locate the extra jar

Nick