Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Ma, Yongjie" <Yo...@ca.com> on 2003/01/21 23:18:19 UTC

How to Override "?WSDL" to generate WSDL file and How to get web service list from Client?

Hi all:

I am new in this list. I have two basic questions in using AXIS + Tomcat.

(1) From AXIS document, Client can get WSDL file by appending ?wsdl after the request URL.
    My question is:

    Is there a way to store a WSDL in the AXIS, and when client asks, AXIS responses him by reading this stored WSDL file. I need to find a way  to override the feature that AXIS can automatically generates WSDL file for Web Services.

(2) From browser GUI, Client can get the list of deployed web services by AxisServlet. How about client from application program? Is there a standard way to get the list of deployed web services for client??

Thanks a lot.

Jack

Re: How to Override "?WSDL" to generate WSDL file and How to get web service list from Client?

Posted by Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Try
java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient list
You might need to specify the port also, using, e.g., -p 8080

Jeff.
Posted by Wes Devauld <we...@devauld.ca>.
Classpath for the particular service running in Tomcat.  You can place it in
service/WEB-INF/classes for instance, or within a jar in the lib directory.

Posted by Wes Devauld <we...@devauld.ca>.