Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Hari Sreekumar <hs...@clickable.com> on 2010/11/11 05:39:25 UTC

Configuring ganglia for hadoop-hbase

Hi,

      I have set up ganglia on my cluster after seeing several
recommendations for using it. I can already see CPU%, free mem, swap space
etc. on it. What additional features should I expect to get after
configuring the hadoop-metrics file? I just want to check if I have
configured it correctly because I am not seeing anything new after changing
the hadoop-metrics file and when I was using the default metrics file.

Also, I am using hadoop-0.20.2 apache and ganglia 3.1.7. The only change
required to get it working for ganglia 3.1.x is to use GangliaContext31
instead of GangliaContext right?

hari