Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2006/07/03 16:51:26 UTC

Re: CocoonPortlet needs to allow overriding servlet-path parameter with preferences.

Woon-San Ko wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> The CocoonPortlet in BRANCH_2_1_X does not allow overriding the *servlet-path* init parameter by
> preferences.
> So, portal users have to add portlet tags in the portlet.xml whenever they need to use another
> coplet in the portal site.
>
> If the CocoonPortlet reads preferences to override the *servlet-path*, portal users can use many
> coplet fragments without tedious portlet tag additions.

Hi,

I think this is a good addition to the ManagedCocoonPortlet. Can you
please come up with a proper patch that you file into Jira? Every patch
should go through our tracking system. If you also could change the code
a little bit to avoid the code duplication (by factoring this out into a
 method) would be great!

Thanks
Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: CocoonPortlet needs to allow overriding servlet-path parameter with preferences.

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Carsten,

Thanks for your comment.
I agree with you. It's somewhat strange.
I seems right to use local variable instead of instance variable.

I'll test again and post to JIRA until tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Woonsan.

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Re: CocoonPortlet needs to allow overriding servlet-path parameter with preferences.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi Woonsan,

Woonsan Ko wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> Sorry it took so long to get back to you.
> My INBOX became overloaded and now I finally caught up.
>
> I just posted my patch to JIRA.
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Woonsan
>
> --- Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Woon-San Ko wrote:
>>> Hi, all.
>>>
>>> The CocoonPortlet in BRANCH_2_1_X does not allow overriding the *servlet-path* init parameter
>> by
>>> preferences.
>>> So, portal users have to add portlet tags in the portlet.xml whenever they need to use another
>>> coplet in the portal site.
>>>
>>> If the CocoonPortlet reads preferences to override the *servlet-path*, portal users can use
>> many
>>> coplet fragments without tedious portlet tag additions.
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think this is a good addition to the ManagedCocoonPortlet. Can you
>> please come up with a proper patch that you file into Jira? Every patch
>> should go through our tracking system. If you also could change the code
>> a little bit to avoid the code duplication (by factoring this out into a
>>  method) would be great!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Carsten
>>
>> --
>> Carsten Ziegeler - Open Source Group, S&N AG
>> http://www.s-und-n.de
>> http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

> Get your own web address.

Carsten Ziegeler