Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Muffett <ma...@muffett.net> on 2001/07/30 10:00:29 UTC

.htm problem

I have a web site to which a lot of cross-links have been built up over time.  Inevitably the links are to pages with names like index.htm.  I would like to change these to jsp pages, but of course I can't change the name without breaking the link (and losing traffic).

Any ideas how I can put jsp functionality on a jsp page (I already have Tomcat serving out the .htm pages and I have tried simply using an htm page like a jsp page, but it doesn't work)?

Many thanks for any help.

Mark

RE: .htm problem

Posted by César Martínez Cabanas <cm...@cisgalicia.org>.
sorry i dont undertand english well.

if you can explain me it with more details i can help you

i'm spanish

> you can use a javascript or a meta that redirect de index.html to
index.jsp

Put

Re: .htm problem

Posted by Mark Muffett <ma...@its-axiom.com>.
Thanks, but I don't think it will work for my purposes - I want to log the
refering site and I think I'll lose the info if I do that.

Regards

Mark

RE: .htm problem

Posted by César Martínez Cabanas <cm...@cisgalicia.org>.

Re: .htm problem

Posted by Andrew Robson <an...@netscapeonline.co.uk>.

Re: .htm problem

Posted by Richard Draucker <ri...@draucker.com>.
I don't work with .jsp files (servlets w/xslt for me, thanks), can you alias
the .jsp files in your web.xml file. No?

On Monday 30 July 2001 04:00 am, you wrote:
> I have a web site to which a lot of cross-links have been built up over
> time.  Inevitably the links are to pages with names like index.htm.  I
> would like to change these to jsp pages, but of course I can't change the
> name without breaking the link (and losing traffic).
>
> Any ideas how I can put jsp functionality on a jsp page (I already have
> Tomcat serving out the .htm pages and I have tried simply using an htm page
> like a jsp page, but it doesn't work)?
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>
> Mark

Richard Draucker richard@protected-data.com