Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2019/01/07 22:05:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] end support for OpenJPA-1.x?

hi folks!

I think the times of the 1.x rage of OpenJPA is over.
This is our JPA-1.0 branch (JavaEE5).
Wdyt about declaring it EOL and closing all the tickets for it?

Of course OpenJPA-2.x and 3.x will continue to be active!

LieGrue,
strub

Re: [DISCUSS] end support for OpenJPA-1.x?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk.INVALID>.
that sounds sensible.  although i only started using OpenJPA recently so
not sure how many are still depending on 1.x.  are any of the tickets
relevant to later versions and having high watch counts?

Posted by Jody Grassel <fy...@gmail.com>.
The repository branches will remain (ie, not deleted) if they are declared
EOL?

Posted by Jody Grassel <fy...@gmail.com>.