Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Kimpton,C (Chris)" <Ki...@rabo-bank.com> on 2001/05/14 13:04:31 UTC

Build process

Hi,

I really like how you can download some of the other jakarta projects like
velocity or turbine and just build them out of the box - everything is in
CVS (well except for Jav and the OS  ;-)  ).

It ensures that you have the correct versions of dependant libraries and
things are configured correctly...

How about doing this for slide - I'd be willing to make these changes, if
that helps.

Regards,
Chris

PS guess what I am currently doing.... trying to build slide...

This electronic message (email) and any attachments to it are subject to copyright and are sent for the personal attention of the addressee. Although you may be the named recipient, it may become apparent that this email and its contents are not intended for you and an addressing error has been made. This email may include information that is legally privileged and exempt from disclosure. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete this email and any attachments from your computer system.Rabobank International is the trading name of Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A. which is incorporated in the Netherlands. Registered with the Registrar of Companies for England & Wales No. BR002630 and regulated by the SFA for the conduct of investment business in the UK.

The presence of this footnote also confirms that this email has been automatically checked by Rabobank International for the presence of computer viruses prior to it being sent, however, no guarantee is given or implied that this email is virus free upon delivery.

Re: Build process

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.
Quoting "Kimpton,C (Chris)" <Ki...@rabo-bank.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I really like how you can download some of the other jakarta projects
> like
> velocity or turbine and just build them out of the box - everything is
> in
> CVS (well except for Jav and the OS  ;-)  ).
>
> It ensures that you have the correct versions of dependant libraries
> and
> things are configured correctly...

There are some drawbacks when you do this.

Instead, I chose to use the new Jakarta sripts and build environment, which is
a WIP but is a very clean solution. I'll also use cjan when it's more ready.

> How about doing this for slide - I'd be willing to make these changes,
> if
> that helps.
>
> Regards,
> Chris
>
> PS guess what I am currently doing.... trying to build slide...

I'm looking for some more detailed feedback. What was your biggest issue ?
Downloading and setting up Ant ? Downloading the dependencies ? Something else ?

Remy