Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/25 21:18:06 UTC

[ERROR] Nonexistent component: org.apache.maven.wagon.Wagonhttp

Not sure where to send this.  I have been trying to figure out why the
.wtpmodules is not getting included when I run mvn eclipse:eclipse.

I added a test case to the EclipsePluginTest (the dreaded "project-7")
and added a project-7 directory with a pom.xml (renamed to
projects.xml) to /src/test/projects.

I then added the necessary dependent poms/jars to the repository in
/src/test/repository.

I run the tests and all of the prior 6 pass, but testProject7() fails with:

[ERROR] Nonexistent component: org.apache.maven.wagon.Wagonhttp

This error doesn't make much sense to me.  Does anyone have a
suggestion about this?

Brian

Re: [ERROR] Nonexistent component: org.apache.maven.wagon.Wagonhttp

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.
Doh.  junit actually gave me more info:

org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolutionException: Unable
to get dependency information: Unable to read the metadata file for
artifact 'junit:junit:jar': Error getting POM for 'junit:junit' from
the repository: Unsupported Protocol: 'http': Cannot find wagon which
supports the requested protocol: http
  junit:junit:3.8.1:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2)

  junit:junit:3.8.1:jar

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2)
Path to dependency:
	1) com.paraware.test1:test1:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT

	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.recurse(DefaultArtifactCollector.java:268)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.collect(DefaultArtifactCollector.java:67)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:211)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:192)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildWithDependencies(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:211)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildWithDependencies(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:162)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.EclipsePluginTest.testProject(EclipsePluginTest.java:106)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.EclipsePluginTest.testProject7(EclipsePluginTest.java:85)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:478)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.metadata.ArtifactMetadataRetrievalException:
Unable to read the metadata file for artifact 'junit:junit:jar': Error
getting POM for 'junit:junit' from the repository: Unsupported
Protocol: 'http': Cannot find wagon which supports the requested
protocol: http
  junit:junit:3.8.1:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2)

	at org.apache.maven.project.artifact.MavenMetadataSource.retrieve(MavenMetadataSource.java:114)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.recurse(DefaultArtifactCollector.java:255)
	... 23 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Error
getting POM for 'junit:junit' from the repository: Unsupported
Protocol: 'http': Cannot find wagon which supports the requested
protocol: http
  junit:junit:3.8.1:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2)

	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:411)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:346)
	at org.apache.maven.project.artifact.MavenMetadataSource.retrieve(MavenMetadataSource.java:101)
	... 24 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolutionException:
Unsupported Protocol: 'http': Cannot find wagon which supports the
requested protocol: http
  junit:junit:3.8.1:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2)

	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:140)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:63)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:380)
	... 26 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException: Unsupported
Protocol: 'http': Cannot find wagon which supports the requested
protocol: http
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getRemoteFile(DefaultWagonManager.java:323)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(DefaultWagonManager.java:282)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(DefaultWagonManager.java:244)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:124)
	... 28 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.UnsupportedProtocolException: Cannot
find wagon which supports the requested protocol: http
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getWagon(DefaultWagonManager.java:99)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getRemoteFile(DefaultWagonManager.java:319)
	... 31 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.wagon.Wagonhttp.
	at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:319)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:436)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getWagon(DefaultWagonManager.java:94)
	... 32 more

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.