Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Fairouz Fakhfakh <fa...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/30 23:10:36 UTC

duplicate a bundle OSGI

Hello,
I would like to duplicate a bundle OSGI.
Can someone help me, please?

Thank for answering me.
Best regards,

--
Fairouz

Re: duplicate a bundle OSGI

Posted by Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I still cannot understand what you are asking for, and from their
silence it appears that nobody else on this list understands you either.

I feel that you are attempting to apply a very abstract concept --
apparently one that you have read about in the academic literature --
without a good grasp of how it maps to concrete reality. I suggest that
may help to get some real experience with developing Java code first, so
that you can express your question in less abstract terms.

Regards,
Neil

Re: duplicate a bundle OSGI

Posted by Fairouz Fakhfakh <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
I read in the literature about the replication or duplication of CORBA
components for example.
"Automatic Generation of Fault-Tolerant CORBA-Services" of* Andreas Polze*
Duplication has been used also for fault tolerance for example.
But in our context, I use duplication to obtain a clone component in order
to test it.
You can see for example "Safe Runtime Validation of Behavioral Adaptations
in Autonomic Software" of* King *et all
and "Architecture Support for Runtime Integration and Verification of
Component-based
Systems of Systems" of *Alberto Gonzalez.*
The process that I want to do is as follows:
The test processes run on the clone (the test is a request sended to
component)
The business processes run on the original component
After finishing the test the clone is deleted.
My problem is how to obtain a clone or a duplicate of the component under
test?

I try to use iPOJO.
I used the method "createComponentInstance" to create an instance of
component. http://felix.apache.org/site/how-to-use-ipojo-factories.html
But I think there is no state transfer of the original component by
creating an instance.
Is this true?
if not, is there a method for duplicating an osgi bundle?
Can you help me please.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
---