Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arne Hildebrand <ar...@fhtw-berlin.de> on 2007/07/30 19:43:16 UTC

Align external graphics with inline elements

Hi all,

just a short question regarding the alignment of inline elements. I have
an external graphic (SVG) in an inline element that i like to position
to the middle of the preceding/following text.

I played with aligment-adjust and alignment-baseline properties of the
surrounding fo:inline element without any success.

To clarify my problem:

I have:

                  ##########
                  ###SVG####
text in the line ##########  text in the line

but i want:
                  ##########
text in the line ###SVG#### text in the line
                  ##########

thanks for help!

Arne

Re: Align external graphics with inline elements

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi Arne,

Arne Hildebrand a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> just a short question regarding the alignment of inline elements. I have
> an external graphic (SVG) in an inline element that i like to position
> to the middle of the preceding/following text.
>
> I played with aligment-adjust and alignment-baseline properties of the
> surrounding fo:inline element without any success.

That was the right property but on the wrong element ;-)

You want to set alignment-adjust right on the external-graphic itself:
    <fo:block>... text in the line <fo:external-graphic
    alignment-adjust="central" src="image.svg"/> text in the
    line...</fo:block>

You can replace “central” with “middle” or fine-tune with a percentage
to meet your needs.

HTH,
Vincent